7/14/14

a little more than half way


as all-star break approaches [today], we are a little more than half way through the baseball season. most wives & families begin to look forward to the off-season to go home & unwind with family & friends. 
For me, i'm currently reflecting on what has been the best year of my life. if you've read my previous post here you know that this year i left my job, family & home in florida to travel with my husband. hands down, best decision that we have ever made. while i was equally nervous, scared, anxious & excited, i had secretly been waiting for the day when husband would ask me to travel/ live with him year- round. 
i was a little nervous about leaving my home in florida, my first house that i had just finished decorating. i was sad to leave my parents, sister & friends. mostly my parents & sister since we are so close that you basically have to pry us apart. 
i thought i'd get home-sick. i try to act like i love change & am good at it but most of the time i'm not. i take time to get comfortable. 
honestly, i was predicting one of those major breakdowns where i just stood in the shower & cried for no reason & every reason all at the same time. 
here we are three months later: i never got home-sick & i haven't cried once. 
this doesn't mean that i don't miss having dinner with my parents a couple of times every week. this does not mean that i don't miss sleep-overs with my sister. this doesn't mean that i don't miss my florida house. this doesn't mean that i don't miss my friends. this doesn't mean that i don't crave the sand & ocean like it's a drug. 
what this does mean though, is home really is where ever i am with my husband. all along, i thought i was home. this is what home really feels like. i literally live in the moment every day, more than i ever did before. this is home, here, with my husband & our little pup. 

xoxo,
LK

No comments: